ATTENTION! This is an outdated skin and won't work anymore. Please go to the followup skin instead: [link] deviantGREEN v6 lite
– a skin for deviantART.com
quick install INFO:
This skin enhances many (all eventually) pages on deviantART and brings back missing effects, most notably green coloured links with hover effects (aka mouseovers).FEATURES:
As the title says, this is a "lite" skin, which means, I left the background-colours more or less untouched and in new v6- and gruser-style. Why? Because I like it, it's as simple as that. It just wasn't necessary to re-colour every page, like back with v5. v6 gave them back lots of the green. I only changed what was necessary, removing all the white and bright areas. But maybe I'll write a "full" version of deviantGREEN some day that colours every page in the same green as your userpage. What says you?
- Hover links everywhere! Move your mouse over any link and see at least a underline change or a different colour.
- Grey links! No more distracting blue-ish
- Links and colours shouldn't interfere with journalskins anymore
- Dimmed link colours for visited/read News and Forum threads
- Minor background colour changes on some pages
- Detailed Message Count (thanks `thespook)
- Properly skinned pageview stats page
- Big avatars in your Shoutbox
- New comments are slightly bigger (higher) so they don't appear as cramped together
- There's also a small image down in the footer that tells you if your skin is outdated and a new version available!
HOW TO INSTALL:
- 2008.07.14: v6.00: Initial release.
- 2008.08.26: v6.01: updates include Rockdock bar (the one on top), Settings & Profile page, Your Journal page, Public Polls, and input fields.
- 2008.11.10: v6.02: updates to reflect the recent changes in site-wide CSS.
- 2008.12.16: v6.03: updates to reflect the recent beta release of the new userpages (as seen on staff and many beta testers' pages now).
- 2009.01.06: v6.04: new userpage/journal pagination buttons, userpage tabs back to the right, slightly bigger comment boxes.
- 2009.01.29: v6.05: new gruser userpages, including Info Bar and edit fields, user pageview stats, polls.
- 2009.05.06: v6.06: may 6, 2009: poll results in MC, updated info bar, edit buttons on userpage/gallery, deviation comments + DD box, Critiques, Twitter box, new group pages, bugfixes (thanks !JurgenDoe)
- 2009.08.30: v6.07: create portfolio and new group pages fixes, userpage tabs back back to the right, journalbox fixes (thanks again !JurgenDoe)
- Get Firefox
- Get Stylish (Greasemonkey should work too).
- Restart Firefox
- Go to the following page on userstyles.org where you'll find a button: "Load into Stylish". Click it, hit "Save" on the new window, and you're done!
c l i c k h e r e !